[mythtv-users] HD-3000, FC4, PVR-250/500

Chris Lynch lynchseattle at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 22:48:05 UTC 2006

On 1/7/06, Mike <stuff at dustsmoke.com> wrote:

> Mudit Wahal wrote:
>
> >Its channel_subchannel if you are viewing OTA stuff.
> >Instead of watching liveTV, try recording an OTA HD channel from the
> program.
> >
> >Also try this in mysql
> >
> >use mythconverg;
> >update cardinput set startchan="2_1";
> >(or whatever is your starting lineup in HD OTA list)
> >

> Also, make sure you have the hd-3000 setup as a dvb device and not a
> hd-3000. If your channel scan doesn't go through and merge the channels
> from the transports to the zap2it list. You'll have to manually set it
> up in mysql.
>
> Read the 4th post down

I have HD video in Myth and it's sweet looking!  Thanks to everyone.
Although, of course...

I have no sound :(  Do I have to run a cable from the back of the HD-3000 or
is it embedded in the stream and something else is wrong?  Sometimes it
cackles when I switch channels, but other than that nothing.  My PVR-250 and
500 both have audio going just fine though.  Is there some special config I
have to do to get the audio out from the board?

I am running audio out over SPDIF to an older SBLive - is it possible my
sound card is too crappy?  I see a lot of pre-buffering audio messages on
the frontend.

Thanks again,

Chris