[mythtv-users] Re: HD3000 DVB Recordings - Consistently Freezes on Playback

Steve Adeff adeffs at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 18:44:09 UTC 2006

On Saturday 07 January 2006 13:15, Michael Haan wrote:
> On 1/6/06, Michael Haan <michael.haan at gmail.com> wrote:
> > 5 of the 6 total recordings, and 4 of the last 4, made with my HD3000
> > consistently freeze in the same exact spot.  It looks to be associated
> > with a Prebuffering pause message and when it happens, mythfrontend
> > starts chewing-up memory until the OS shuts it down.  Replaying the
> > recording will produce the exact result in the same exact place.
> >
> > Some setup specifics:
> >
> > FC4 and Jarod's guide built about a month ago.
> > AMD64 3800+
> > nVidia 6600GT, using XvMC
> > 4 250 SATA drives in RAID 5 configuration
> >
> > For what it's worth, using firewire seems almost flawless, so I don't
> > think it's my rig.
>
> At first, I thought this had something to do with XvMC, so I didabled it.
> Same exact thing happened in the same exact place.  FWIW, this card has
> worked in this rig before under a previous incarnation, so it's something
> software.  Anyone?

I've noticed this lately too with a couple recordings I've made recently, I
think its due more to bad data being written since adding my 3rd tuner has
overloaded my single drive being used for my recordings.
You say firewire seems to record ok, have you tried doing a manual record with
the dvb-tools apps to see if its Myth or something else?

--
Steve