[mythtv-users] EPG freeze after playing video in xine/MythVideo

Daniel Rischar daniel.rischar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 16:01:28 UTC 2006

I cannot figure out how these two are related (MythVideo/xine and the EPG),
but here is my problem:

Version: occured in 0.18.1 (from Gentoo portage) and the latest subversion
sources

Reproducibility: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Start mythfrontend
2) go to mythvideo and watch a video (must use xine -pfq %s command)
3) Exit the movie, it does not matter how long it plays
4) Switch to watching LiveTV
5) bring up the program guide
6) move the selection in any direction

I find that I can only move the selection once and then the EPG stops
responding to my keypresses.  I can still go back by pressing escape, but
going into the guide again produces the same result.  I can only move the
selection once, but never more.  The EPG works fine when I do not play a
video first.

I tried to search the web, and this list for any posts relating to these
problems, but could not find anything.  If this has been posted about
before, just point me in the right direction.

--
Daniel Rischar
Computer Engineering
daniel.rischar at case.edu