[mythtv-users] Singe DVB tuner, two channel recording

Matthew Geier matthew at sleeper.apana.org.au
Thu Jan 5 21:56:15 UTC 2006

 Is there ANY way I can convince myth to record two programs at the same
time using a single tuner card?.  It just happens that both programs I
want to record are on the same transponder, so the hardware CAN recieve
both channels at the same time.
  I know the hardware can do it, as i've done multicast streaming of the
DVB channels - streammed both channels out onto the LAN from the single
tuner card - using VLC to demux the two channels out of the transport
and multicast them on different multicast groups.

 Any ideas ?