[mythtv-users] [OT] UK DVB Satellite in US

Nathan Ford zimans at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 21:22:09 UTC 2006

I have a quick question for the knowledgable mythtv peoples.

Is it possible to recieve UK dvb satellites in the US? I live on the
east coast (In the grand sceme of scale, almost as east as you can get
in the US). From what i've been able to gather channels like BBC are
FTA on dvb sats. It would be cool if I could recieve them.

I could most likely get an angle on the sat, but dunno how wide the
dispersal is on the transponder.

Anyone with more knowledge than me care to enlighten me on the subject?

--Nate