[mythtv-users] fc4.ppc, Mac Mini and MythTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Jan 2 19:52:17 UTC 2006

On Jan 2, 2006, at 2:31 PM, Matt Hannan wrote:

> My setup has the Mini in the living room.
> I am trying to get it to the point where I do not have to leave
> Myth in order to listen to music.
> There currently is, to the best of my knowledge, no plugin for
> music in MythTV for OSX.
> This is one of the reasons why I loaded FC4, so I can get full
> MythTV support.
>
> I have been using MythTV since the early days, but always on x86
> hardware.
> The last time I had MythTV-x86 running in the living room,
> MythMusic was the most used plugin.
> I have no doubt that this will be any different now.
>
> I am trying to get the living room friendly Mini to play nice with
> MythTV.
> This is the machines primary function.
>
> Matt

Still not sure what you meant by "[iTunes]... will not let me do what
I want it  to do."

That aside, my solution would have been to get MythMusic working
under OS X. :) I don't think people have ventured into making this
work because most people would rather just run iTunes - that's why I
never bothered, anyway.

I agree that the mini makes a VERY nice (small, quiet, stylish, nice
price point) machine to sit in your living room.

Now onto the hopefully helpful part:
Do you have /dev/adsp? If so, try that as your audio device instead
of /dev/dsp for MythMusic.