[mythtv-users] Default input on TV tuner card

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 2 05:48:52 UTC 2006

I have this problem for a v4l card and alsa.  I solved it by putting
some lines in local.start (gentoo uses this file as the last part of the
bootup sequence for user commands before starting X - other didtros do
similar)

/etc/conf.d/local.start ## myth related stuff

mtd -d

amixer set Master,0 77%,77% unmute
echo
amixer set PCM,0 77%,77% unmute
echo
amixer set Line,0 77%,77% mute captur
echo
amixer set Capture,0 10%,10% captur

v4lctl -c /dev/video setinput Composite1
v4lctl -c /dev/video setnorm PAL

On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 21:02 -0800, ozizaeb at comcast.net wrote:
> I have a problem were after a reboot and startup of mythbackend and
> mythfrontend that the default input for the tuner card seems to get lost.
> After every reboot, when I go into "Watch TV", I get snow.  "C" which
> corrects the problem and tunes to "Tuner 0".  The weird thing is I have one
> capture card (Happauge PVR-250) and have already set the Default input field
> in mythtv-setup to "Tuner 0" (because I'm running of the RCA jack of the
> PVR-250 card).  The other weird thing is that when I go into "Watch TV" after
> the reboot, the OSD shows "Tuner 0" on it and when I hit "C" it still shows
> "Tuner 0" but I get the picture.
>
> I'm currenty using the KnoppMyth R5A22 distro but I've also seen the same
> thing when I used to run Debian etch and the current svn build.
>
> Any thoughts?
Home!