[mythtv-users] Pvr-500 or Plextor ConvertX, reliability.

Ray maillists at sonictech.net
Sun Jan 1 00:00:40 EST 2006

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 03:56:47PM -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Just an FYI, I received my PVR-500 yesterday, compiled IVTV 0.4.1 on my
> Redhat 9 box, dropped it in to replace my BTTV cards on my master
> backend and it worked perfect with nothing more than a line in
> modules.conf.  Just make sure to put the right firmware files in the
> right places with the right names (refer to the IVTV wiki) and you
> should be good to go.

Thanks, between the PVR-500 and the new sound card I think it'll be big
improvement.  I'm still a little concerned about how big a hit in terms of
both quality and performance (Athlon 2200+) I'll take transcoding these
mpeg2 files to mpeg4 but if worse comes to worse a larger disk isn't that
expensive these days.

--
Ray