No subject

Thu Feb 23 20:31:07 UTC 2006

ead 0.18.1 was causing this problem for that person).<br>
Anyone else finding black flashes when using both the encoder and decoder s=
imultaneously on a 350 with 0.19?<br>

Have there been any major changes to the way items such as the osd and
the guide are rendered to the framebuffer when using the tv-out of a
PVR-350?<br>
Regarding the flickering, it does not occur when running:<br>
The picture is flicker-free, with no ivtv0-osd dma errors in dmesg. The
only time that the flickering occurs is when viewing live tv on the
tv-out of the 350.<br>
So, my question is really re-cast to: What does myth do differently
when watching live tv on the tv out, compared to when it is simply
sending a recording to the tv out (despite utilising the card's encoder). A=
re there any options I can play with?<br>
Failing that, are there any people who are successfully using a PVR 350
with 0.19? If a couple such people could post here that would be
helpful.<br>

I found the source of the problem. On the 1st of March I enabled Appearance=
 -&gt; Use GUI size for TV playback.<br>
With this option on:<br>
- Flickering.<br>
With it off:<br>
- Transition from menu to watching TV is jerky.<br>
- The guide, when overlayed, is up and to the left (where the menu
would be without the offsetting) and so is partly off the screen.<br>
If anyone has any tips on how to get the frontend to be in the right
place, and for the TV and guide to be in the right place I'd appreciate
hearing them. Otherwise, I'll get back to experimentation and hopefully
work it out.<br>

------=_Part_8187_16410836.1141588347540--