[mythtv-users] Missing Files

Al McIntosh junkmail at allanmcintosh.com
Tue Feb 28 19:48:39 UTC 2006

Jeff Clemens wrote:

> So a couple of shows that should have recorded this weekend show up as
> recorded in the GUI, but when you try to select them for viewing, myth
> cannot find the file.
> I assume this means that they are in the database, but the file
> doesn't exist.  Unfortunately, since myth can't find the file, it also
> cannnot delete the recording.  Thus, I'm stuck with these shows
> showing up in the UI, that aren't really there.
>
> I haven't hacked around with the database much at all, especially
> since the .19 upgrade to the schemas.  Does anyone know a query to
> remove these orphaned recordings from the database?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff

This has happened to me once in the past. The recording events began but
something catastrophic blocked the recording from continuing.

In my case it was "channel change event completed with error". Earlier,
I was moving wires around and unplugged the AC adaptor from my blaster.
I went through and "deleted"+"allow rerecord" the botched recordings.

I found out by restarting mythbackend with -v channel,record,file
--logfile backend.log and `tail -f backend.log`