[mythtv-users] ASUS mobo woes

match at ece.utah.edu match at ece.utah.edu
Tue Feb 28 19:30:25 UTC 2006

On 28 Feb 2006 at 10:45, N Dugas wrote:

> Joe Marcom wrote:
> > My $.02 worth:  After trying for several months trying to install Myth
> > to an ASUS A7V600 board (several methods, including Knoppmyth) and
> > having total failure, I installed a new Epox A64 mobo yesterday - and
> > the install worked!  Proper configuration is another matter I have to
> > work through, but there seems to be a basic compatibility problem with
> > the ASUS boards that warrants a "heads-up".
> >
> Thought I'd add my $.02 in on this.  My current setup is on an Asus
> A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo and I've not had any problems at all.  Been running
> this since last Sept.  I also ran a second box for a month or so (until
> I re-arranged my entertainment centre) on an Asus A7N8X-400/VM.  Again,
> no problems there.

Overall, I've been satisfied with ASUS. I have 4 of the A7N8X or A7N8X-E systems running
without issue. This P4P800 is the first ASUS board I've had difficulty with.

The thing is, most manufacturers nowadays make decent boards overall, but every
manufacturer makes a board once in a while that is just a dog. I'm wondering if the P5P800
is ASUS's current dog...

Marvin