[mythtv-users] Can I stop the truncation of pre-roll/post-roll

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Tue Feb 28 15:25:39 UTC 2006

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 12:07:14PM +0100, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
> This one has been discussed to death. Search the mailing list.

I did!  I found some stuff but nothing really useful.  Do you have a
link?

> Short answer: you are mis-using. For the behaviour you want, you need to
> use the start early / end late settings, which actually change the
> scheduler times. The pre- ad post-roll are for a different purpose (like
> getting the backend running in time when using a lan wake-up, allowing
> for long tuner times, things like that).

Just to make sure we are talking about the same things.

I'm talking about the settings in mythfrontend in TV Settings =>
General labelled

  Time to record before start of show (in seconds)
  Time to record past end of show (in seconds)

Which appear to correspond to

mysql> select * from settings where data in ("240", "420");
+----------------+------+----------+
| value          | data | hostname |
+----------------+------+----------+
| RecordPreRoll  | 240  | NULL     |
| RecordOverTime | 420  | NULL     |
+----------------+------+----------+

These seem to be the only global options for this or have I missed
something?

The other alternative seems to be the per recording schedule option
labelled thus in mythfrontend

  Start recording on time / x minutes early / late
  End recording on time / x minutes early / late

Which is the ones you are referring to I think?

Is there somewhere to set the default values of these so I don't have
to adjust them for every new recording schedule?

Thanks for your help

Nick