[mythtv-users] smart update and upgrade causes tv to be static

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 07:36:24 UTC 2006

I just set up a new system that was up to date as of 3 weeks ago.  I
decided to do an upgrade via smart and now all I get from live tv (and
presumably recordings) is static.  I am using a pvr-350 for my
capture, and dvi->hdmi out using a 5200 agp card.  Everything else is
working fine, including older captures.  I believe ivtv and myth were
the major upgrades here but quite a few other things were as well.

This is a FC4 machine, using Jarod's guide.  Everything prior to the
upgrade was working fine.