[mythtv-users] Xbox xebian 1.1.3 and LIRC and 0.19

Jack Lowry jrlowry376 at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 28 03:24:17 UTC 2006

Jack Lowry wrote:

>Johan Kihlström wrote:
>

>>>I'm installing myth 0.19 from Alex Fishers archive at
>>>http://alexfisher.me.uk/debian
>>>and a mirror of  Marillat's Debian  archive at
>>>http://www.las.ic.unicamp.br/pub/debian-marillat/
>>>
>>>I'm using a Microsoft DVD remote and reciever, lirc is installed and irw
>>>spits out the correct codes for each button.
>>>
>>>But the remote does not produce any controlling results in myth.
>>>
>>>Using x11vnc I can start mythwelcome and navigate myth using a keyboard.
>>>
>>>I guess I'm missing the piece that ties myth and lirc together.
>>>
>>>I've tried irxevent with no improvement.
>>>
>>>Thanx, Jack
>>>

>>You need a lircrc-file that maps keyevents, there is one on the
>>xbox-linux site.
>>
>>Johan
>>

>I dug around on the xbox-linux searching for lirc and found this:
>http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/MythTV_on_Xebian_HOWTO
>which suggests pulling the lircrc file out of
>http://bit.blkbk.com/mythtv-xbox.0.4.5-beta.tar.gz and putting copies in
>/home/live/.lircrc and /home/live/.myth/lircrc running irexec and
>mythfrontend.
>
>Still no joy, any suggestions?
>
>Thanx, Jack

I finally got my act together, rechecked and corrected the links
suggested in the guide and life is good.
I also commented out Option      "Device" "/dev/lircm" in /etc/X11/XF86.
I've seen a reference suggesting that it helps to resolve focus problems.

Hopefully my updated solution is useful to others.

Jack