[mythtv-users] Optimising a diskless frontend

Moasat mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org
Tue Feb 28 00:52:47 UTC 2006

I'm running a diskless gentoo FE on an Athlon 2000+  512MB RAM and an nvidia
FX5200.  I think its pretty snappy although I have not tried to play any HD
content.  The only time I see noticable delays is bringing up the guide or
when entering MythVideo.  For both of these, I can understand since I have a
lot of channels (Directv) and a lot of videos (~1500)

defaults,noatime,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,nfsvers=3,tcp

I mount my tmp partition on a local RAM disk but otherwise, everything is
over the 100Mbps network.

The root is exported with: (rw,sync,no_root_squash)

The FE does nothing else, it has no capture cards.