[mythtv-users] Please please help me

Dawning Sky the.dawning.sky at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 23:44:14 UTC 2006

On 2/27/06, N.E.Whiteford <N.E.Whiteford at soton.ac.uk> wrote:

> For the love of God please someone help me with the myth problem I'm
> having. I've asked this before but the response I've got is "maybe it's
> a focus problem", someone suggested I try rat poison, this seems a
> little drastic at this point.
>
> The problem is that after changing channel once mythtvfrontend is
> unresponsive and doesn't let me change channel, tho I can still watch
> tv. The logs and console output show nothing abnormal.
>
> I'd like to do some debugging, but gdb uses up all available memory and
> kills the backend when I do this. So can someone give me a few
> tips? Perhaps just tell me which classes deal with responding to
> keyboard events when changing channel and how this is switched off and
> no, then maybe I can add some couts and start debugging?
>
> Please please help I beg you my housemates will force me to install
> windows and I may have to turn to the rat poison after all.

I would like to second this problem.  Since I upgraded to 0.19, this have
happend to me twice or 3 times.  Neither the remote nor the keyboard
worked.  I had to kill the frontend and restart.  I've been using Myth's
native lirc support, so it shouldn't be a focus issue.  Never had this
problem with 0.18.

Thanks,

DS