[mythtv-users] different audio levels for PVR 350 & 150?

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 23:27:16 UTC 2006

On 27/02/06, Raphael Pooser <rpooser at gmail.com> wrote:
> Arrgh,  considering the looooooong and somewhat funny thread that was
> out on saturday, that had half the mythtv-users list posting an opinion
> about top posting, cross quoting, not trimming, trimming too much,
> calling each other idiots, telling each other to get off high horses,
> and various forms of, "do you know who you're talking to?!", I think we
> should now put this "introduction" to the list into an automatically
> sent introductory email.  Lol, that thread was hilarious, but maybe it's
> for the better if a thread like that never happens again.  If anyone
> wants to tell me where to send it to, I would be glad to write an intro
> to mythtv-users that gives some directives and even includes an example
> or two on how to trim and post replies below, etc.   .....I'm being
> serious here.  The wiki is probably not a place for this because most
> people come here first and then get told to check the wiki afterwards.

I'd think putting useful introductory information (not just list
etiquette, but links to the archives/wiki etc for searching before
asking a question) would be entirely appropriate in the "Welcome to
the "mythtv-users" mailing list" email. Having a reference page on the
wiki also could surely only add value for users.

Access to the mailing-list is a privilege, not a right, so I think
it's quite appropriate that new users are made aware of list etiquette
from the outset.

Nick