[mythtv-users] do mythtv accept irxevent?

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 20:27:50 UTC 2006

On 2/27/06, come se fosse antani <antani at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.
> I've problem with the config of my remote in lircrc.
> even if I configured two buttons in order to use the "left" and
> "right" command (i.e. config=left) I'm not able to use it: the main
> problems are for example in mythnews (I can't go "left" from the title
> of the rss feed in the entries titles of the feed) or in the program
> guide (I can't go left to check different shows on the same channel).
> so I tried to use irxevent, according with several pages on inet and
> one entry of the official wiki ("configuring ati remote wonder II")
> but unsuccessfull.
>
> I tried with the following "config=" entries (with prog=mythtv):
> key right currentwindow (from several pages on inet)
> key right [[currentwindow]] (from the wiki page)
> key right mythtv (from the man)
>
> can someone help me?

In my .lircrc file I have:

begin
prog = mythtv
button = UP
repeat = 3
config = Up
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = RIGHT
repeat = 3
config = Right
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = DOWN
repeat = 3
config = Down
end

begin
prog = mythtv
button = LEFT
repeat = 3
config = Left
end

Which works perfectly for the buttons on my Hauppague remote. Tried
something like this (As Myth has native lirc support)?
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston