[mythtv-users] #1319 scheduler is sometimes recording wrong program (was Re: Yesterday's Grey's Anatomy wasn't recorded)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Feb 27 20:22:01 UTC 2006

On 02/27/2006 09:59 AM, Dawning Sky wrote:
> Just found out that yesterday's Grey's Anantomy wasn't recorded on my
> mythbox.  But the episode was in the listing.  Anyone had a similar
> problem?  I'm running Myth 0.19 from ATrpms.

I've seen this happen before.  I missed an episode of Invasion.  The
show was on the schedule, but got removed when the scheduler was getting
run and re-run while recording other shows that preceded Invasion.

I really think it's related to #1319 (
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1319 although it may not be the same
problem) as #1319 is a "temporary" condition.  Basically, #1319 seems to
occur when mythfilldatabase replaces a previously-scheduled program in
the listings with a different program.  By re-running the scheduler
(mythbackend --resched) you can fix it--it will then realize not to
record the new (non-matching) program.

The same applies to the problem you've seen (except that it's not due to
data being replaced in the listings).  If you were to have noticed that
Grey's got removed from your schedule while recording other shows that
night, you could have run "mythbackend --resched" and it would have
re-appeared in the schedule.  I've done this before when another program
was removed from the schedule.

Don't know if it's a race condition, but it's definitely unpredictable.
I've spent a bit of time trying to track it down, but didn't have any
breakthroughs...

Hope David Engel sees this...  :)

Mike