[mythtv-users] MythStreamTV + 0.19, what's the magic vlc/ffmpeg combo?

Jesse Guardiani jesse at wingnet.net
Mon Feb 27 17:40:28 UTC 2006

Daniel Walton wrote:
> I'm running 0.19 and have patched in the jogibear's 0.19 compliant version of
> MythStreamTV mentioned here:
>
> http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-dev/2006-January/044015.html
>
> But I can't find the right combination of vlc and ffmeg that will work.  If
> anyone has mythstreamtv working on 0.19 can you share your vlc and ffmpeg info
> with me?  I've tried the following:

I have it working. The UI is all messed up, but it's functional. If you
had vlc working with mythstreamtv
before the upgrade to 0.19 then it will work after the upgrade, so long
as mythstreamtv is upgraded properly.

I run Gentoo, and I use the ebuilds, so I can't give you specific
configure lines, but here are my versions and
USE flags:

media-video/ffmpeg-0.4.9_p20051216
media-video/vlc-0.8.4a

media-video/ffmpeg mp3 aac zlib a52 vorbis ogg truetype doc threads
encode dvd xvid
media-video/vlc mp3 dvd xv svg ffmpeg ogg vorbis theora freetype flac
live libcaca mod nsplugin httpd stream a52 dts -arts -wxwindows

--
Jesse Guardiani
Programmer/Sys Admin
jesse at wingnet.net