[mythtv-users] Transcoding and aspect ratio (DVB-T)

Michael Fox fox.michael at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 17:10:23 UTC 2006

> --On 27 February 2006 4:57 AM -0500 Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org>
> wrote:
>
> I've tested this by making the modification you suggest, and when
> GetVideoAspect() and SetVideoAspect() are called, 'video_aspect' is
> correct, at 1.77778.
> However, the resulting nuv file is still produced in 4:3 format.

This modification works on the first test I have done. It plays wide
in both VLC and in Quicktime (with mpg playback module).

I'll continue to test it on a few more recordings, but I wish I knew
of this hack sooner. Not to worry, I am happy I finally can force it
and have it forced and work as forced.