[mythtv-users] UK (DVB) Commercial Flagging

Paul paul at whitecitadel.com
Mon Feb 27 16:51:09 UTC 2006

William bumbled on about the following,sometime around 02/25/2006 01:26 PM:

>I thought myth supported per channel commercial detection settings. You
>might have to hack the database but it should be possible.

Does this work for anyone? I found this feature the other day after I
got around to setting up Mythweb, and selected the main ad-free channels
(from the BBC here in the UK) as commfree. If I check the database
commfree=1 for the channels I selected, and commfree=0 for all other
channels. Myth still runs a postprocess job for recordsings from these
channels though I have noticed. Has anyone else seen this (019 SVN from
about a week ago).

Also, as per original posters request, anyone want to share any settings for
commfree that they have found work well for UK DVB-T channels? (freeview)

Paul