[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase doesn't run automatically any more

BlackCamera chnewcomb at ev1.net
Mon Feb 27 13:59:30 UTC 2006

Michael Jones wrote:
> This has been happening since just before updating to .19 (so I don't think
> it's related to the update).
>
> In status the directory listing shows that the next suggested update time is
> about 2 days ago, and I now only have 11 days of program data.
>
> My setup has mythfilldatabase set to run automatically, and I've tried a few
> different settings in the start and end fields with no luck.
>
> So.. The question is.. Why won't mythfilldatabase run automatically any
> more?  It runs just fine (and grabs a full 14 days) if I run it manually
> from the terminal..
>
> Any ideas?
>
> - Michael

Michael,
    I've never been able to get mythfilldatabase to run as it is in the
setup.  I've alway had to run it as a cron job.  This is taken from
Jared's site...

$ crontab -e
----Insert the following text into your mythtv user crontab----
### Run mythfilldatabase every night at some random time after 10:01am
01 10 * * * sleep $(expr $RANDOM \% 14400) && mythfilldatabase >
/var/log/mythtv/mythfilldatabase.log 2>&1
----Cut above here (don't include this line)----

Personally I think this is one of the best ideas to run it this way.

--
Regards
Chris