[mythtv-users] Laptop Video out?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Mon Feb 27 13:39:40 UTC 2006

I have mostly used MediaMVP for watching recordings. I've recently
started watching a traditional mythfrontend in a specific location using
an LCD monitor. I've found it really nice using the frontend for livetv
and mythvideo. I especially like how well PIP works. (PVR350 and 250 on
backend)

So, I'm interested in maybe trying this in my main viewing area to see
what happens to the WAF. The obvious problems are TVOut and LIRC.

Anyone have TVOut working on their laptop? I have a laptop that I run
mythfrontend on occasionally and it has a SVideo out. Would be nice to
do some initial "testing" with it. Just wondering if there's any chance
of making use of it. I'm running FC4. Laptop is HP Compaq nx9110. I know
nothing about the SVideo port, except that I can see it. The video card
a is Radeon Mobility 9100IGP.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,
James