[mythtv-users] Mythweb DB Error

brunoml brunoml at free.fr
Sun Feb 26 20:48:54 UTC 2006

Jon Reynolds wrote:
> brunoml wrote:
>
>>Jon Reynolds wrote:
>>
>>>Never mind, I'm an idiot. It's working now.
>>>
>>>Jon
>>
>>I've the same problem since jew days. Could you give your solution ?
>

> Sure, first off check the .htaccess file and make sure that the DB
> name,user and password are correct.

It's ok.

  Then in your http.conf file, look
> for an 'AllowOverride None' and change it to 'AllowOverride All'. There
> are more than one 'AllowOverride' in the http.conf file and that is what
>   got me. Look for the one that has the reference to .htaccess, I put
> what mine says in the comments above the 'AllowOverride' you need to change.
>
> # AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in .htaccess files.
> # It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
> #   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
> #
>      AllowOverride All
>
> Notice it's talking about .htaccess?

I run apache2 (on debian), the file to be modified is apache2.conf,
isn't it ?

I had added the line :

[...]
AccessFileName .htaccess

<Files ~ "^\.ht">
     Order allow,deny
     Deny from all
     AllowOverride All	<<<<<< line added
</Files>
[...]

When I point my browser to http://192.168.0.3/mythweb/mythweb.php
I have the same message
"Database Setup Error
The database environment variables are not correctly set in the
included .htaccess file. Please read through the comments included
in the file and set up the db_* environment variables correctly.
Some possible solutions are to make sure that mod_env is enabled
in httpd.conf, as well as having followed the instructions in the
README about the AllowOverride settings.
"

Thanks for your help !