[mythtv-users] Myth mpeg4 encoding

casey dunn casey.dunn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 04:07:59 UTC 2006

nupplevideo (.nuv) is called a container.  As is .avi, .mov, .ogg, etc.  The
first problem you're having with the 'supposedly' mpeg4 files is that none
of the programs you've tried support the .nuv container.  Are you trying to
convert these on linux or windows; if linux the easiest app I've found is
avidemux2.  There are also several myth export/trascode scripts that could
be modified to fit your purpose.

Did you start with MJPEG files (bt878, software encoding) or mpeg2 ( ivtv,
dvb, hdtv)?

Do you want them on dvd to play in a stand alone player to becuase dvd
offers lots of portable/archiveable storage space?