[mythtv-users] slow responses by mythfrontend menues

Mitko Haralanov voidtrance at comcast.net
Sat Feb 25 18:04:36 UTC 2006

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 11:12:09 +0000
"jonny Linux" <jonnylinux at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't know if this is the same problem as you, but I found the Watch
> Recordings screen was sometimes very slow when I highlighted certain
> recordings. So I went into setup and unticked the generate thumbnails box,
> and stopped a live preview (both of these features worked fine in 0.18.1).
> Its now speeded up my Watch Recordings screen. But I also find the mythweb
> recorded programs page very slow (page doesn't load until about 1 minute
> after the url is requested), so I think there might be something slowing
> down the preview generation.

That sounds like a good candidate for the problem, especially since
I've noticed that the preview generation is not really working right
for a lot of my recordings (it repeatedly cycles through the same two
frames)

I will go ahead and turn this off and see what happens. Thanks for the
hint.

--
Mitko Haralanov
voidtrance at comcast dot net