[mythtv-users] SOLVED System Load/Performance Question

mrwester mrwester at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 22:00:19 UTC 2006

This sounded like it could be related to problems I've been seeing

> with ivtv corruption and prebuffering pauses, however with my nforce2
> chipset I can't adjust the pci latency for the IDE, audio or a few
> other controllers, which are all set to 0.  I don't have a problem
> changing the latency for the build-in video (which was set to 248) and
> the ivtv cards.  I found this to be the case for both nforce2 based
> systems I tried.  I didn't find anything through google that really
> addressed this issue.  Does anyone else see this?  Is this a potential
> issue?  Is there any reason to have the video card latency so high?  I
> lowered the video latency and I'm going to see what effect it has on
> performance.

Hi Bob-

Did you come to any  resolution with this?  I've got an nforce2 system as
well (chaintech) , and I cannot adjust pci latency for IDE either...  I see
a systematic stuttering (1 every 1.5 seconds or so?) of CNN tickertape with
my XP2900, FX5200 system, that I can't help think it has something to do
with PCI latency.  I get occasional glitches in HDTV recordings as well, for
example if someone accesses mythweb while the recording is happening.  I
think this is all related, but like you, I'm not finding any answers by
google.  Thanks for any insight,

Mike