[mythtv-users] More problems than it's worth?

greg at nodecam.com greg at nodecam.com
Fri Feb 24 19:31:21 UTC 2006

I should also add that I have spent significantly more time getting QMail
working properly than I did getting MythTV working properly.

And Apache.

Most of the time spent setting up Myth is actually time spent setting up
drivers.  Once your linux environment is ready for Myth, Myth is usually a
pretty simple install/setup process (emerge mythtv, or apt-get install
mythtv or whatever your distro uses)

I bought my capture card from a friend who spent ages trying to get a
windows based PVR set up, and finally gave up because he couldn't get it
to work reliably.  FWIW.

Greg