[mythtv-users] More problems than it's worth?

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Fri Feb 24 16:46:22 UTC 2006

James Minihane wrote:
> Initially I thought MythTV was THE ANSWER. But reading these lists, it
> seems that MythTV is more of a headache than a godsend. I'm not about to
> invest a few thousand in hardware into a problem ridden system.
> Here's the question...
> How many of you actually use MythTV to...
> Time delay live TV, watch DVDs, schedule recordings, listen to music, and
> view pictures and actually have things work without reboots etc?
>
> J. Minihane

I've been using it to do that for about a year and a half. It's not
perfect, and you do have to invest time to get it working, but once it
is working, it's great. The only big problems I've had have been self
inflicted... :) Even my wife has begrudgingly admitted that she is now
'spoiled' by MythTV.

Tom