[mythtv-users] MythTV and IR blaster woes

Michael Link linkmic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 08:45:34 UTC 2006

I am using MythTV (0.19, svn) on FC4 and using Lirc to control an
external cable box (Motorola Dvi5000) connected to my PVR-350. My
mythbox is a combined front/backend on an Athlon 2400, 1GB RAM and
Nvidia 5700.

External channel changes work well when I am watching Live TV and
browsing. However, if I exit Live TV and leave the PC running for a
few hours (i.e. the ir blaster is "idle") and then come back to watch
LiveTV again, channel changes do not work. I have to attempt 10-20
channel changes before the IR blaster "comes back to life" and starts
working reliably again.

For Live TV this is an annoyance, but the biggest problem with this is
that I cannot make scheduled recordings.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? All pointers and tips
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
/michael