[mythtv-users] browse channels across tuners in 0.19

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 02:40:37 UTC 2006

On 2/24/06, Dawning Sky <the.dawning.sky at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/23/06, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> it
> > > make
> Or
> > > it

> have

> mean.

> > > Interesting.  Anyways, what I mean is when you press "Channel Up" or
> > > "Channel Down" while watch LiveTV, Myth doesn't change the channel
> > > immediately.  Instead, it display the title and description of the show
> that
> > > is on that channel.  At this point, if you decide to change to that
> channel,
> > > you can press "OK".
> >
> > its an option, I forget where though and the g/f is watching American
> Idol...
>
> Right, it's an option.  And it can be  enabled in the menu.  But my point is
> why I cannot browse channels across tuner cards.

oh, right...

from what my memory serves, the dev list discussion came down to this:
There needs to be a way to see what channels are available on the
tuner your on, and one way to see all channels available. It was
decided that for the time being the browse mode would only show what
was available on that tuner while the LiveTV guide would show all
available channels.

Just awaiting someone to make this whole area more user friendly for a
future release.

--
Steve