[mythtv-users] ir blaster

Greg Foster greg.foster at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 01:21:26 UTC 2006

On 2/23/06, Daniel A Segel <mythtv at archer-segel.com> wrote:
> Jesse Guardiani wrote:
> > CyberSource wrote:
> >
> >> Can anyone give a good recommendation as to a ir blaster that will work
> >> for MythTV and Linux. I need this to control a dish network satellite
> >> receiver Model DISH322. Thanks, Peter
> >>

> > http://irblaster.info/
> >
> > I use mine with a Dish 311.
> >

> I use one of these as well and have never had any problem with it except
> that it's a bit fragile. Once it's in place, however, you shouldn't have
> any problems with it.
>
> Daniel

As mentioned before here, if you're handy at all with a soldering iron
(or if you don't mind burning your fingers a couple of times, but want
to try), this has worked for many :

http://www.lirc.org/transmitters.html

I use the simple interface, and it works great.  Had to set my IRD to
channel 6 or 9 (can't remember) to get it to work reliably.. but have
not missed a channel in 2 years.  Using a 4700 here, but have tested
with a 3100 as well.

Greg.