[mythtv-users] 0.19 Program Guide slowness...

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 23:06:36 UTC 2006

> i have a cron job that goes through CHECK TABLE, REPAIR TABLE, OPTIMIZE
> TABLE, and ANALYZE TABLE every night (i think, maybe every week) on all
> servers that host any coding projects (i am our head php/mysql
> developer) ... i've noticed a DEFINITE performance increase since i
> started doing this

So would it come after the Optimise and look like this?

# Repair and optimize each table
    foreach $table (@tables) {
        unless ($dbh->do("REPAIR TABLE $table")) {
            print "Skipped:  $table\n";
            next;
        };
        if ($dbh->do("OPTIMIZE TABLE $table")) {
            print "Repaired/Optimized: $table\n";
        }
        if ($dbh->do("ANALYZE TABLE $table")) {
            print "Analysed: $table\n";