[mythtv-users] 0.19, XvMC, and Prebuffer pause

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Feb 23 15:36:07 UTC 2006

Gavin Haslett wrote:
> Uh... I'm using XvMC with no problems. Granted I have no HD content, all
> SD... But it works like a champ for me. No prebuffering pauses, color
> OSD (with the hack installed), and around 20% max CPU on an AMD 800
> (hence why no HD).
>

> On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 17:17 -0500, Preston Crow wrote:
> <snipped>
>
> ...as I was saying, I have yet to find someone using XvMC without any
> problems.

Can you answer some questions, please about your setup and xvmc?
I am getting lines in frontend saying  "NVP: Pre-buffer pause" and I get
short garbles in the audio. These garbles are created on recording as
they exist in the same place in liveTV, play TV and with mplayer.
The only error which I can find is that mplayer reports   something like
"A52: CRC check error"  basically continuously while playing.

I presume that you are using an nvidia card. (I'm on a Via SP13000
motherboard so things are different..)
When you run configure for mythtv, does it report that it will use
-lXvMCW or -lXvMCNvidia (or -lNvidiaXvMC whichever it is)
Does your /etc/X11/XvMCConfig file have a line saying something like
"libNvidiaXvMC.so.x.x.x.x"
I'm trying to understand what should be the output from configure. I
seem to get better results if I skip the XvMCW (wrapper) test and make
the output the 'libviaXvMcPro' itself. This probably is 'wrong' but I'm
not sure.

Geoff

       R. Geoffrey Newbury
     Barrister and Solicitor