[mythtv-users] Streaming recordings to Frontend

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Thu Feb 23 12:02:44 UTC 2006

HI!

Axel Thimm wrote:

>> I found a way to just update MythTV:
>>
>> apt-get install `rpm -qa "*myth*" --qf "%{NAME} "`
>
> No, this is wrong for the reasons outlined in another thread. Please
> don't use that, or if you do, please ask Thomas Börkel for any future
> support on broken mythtv on your system.

Calm down. ;-)

Would it be OK, if I would first execute "apt-get install mythtv-suite"
to be safe?

And why would apt not pull other (non-MythTV) necessary RPMs automatically?

Remember, we are not talking about a major MythTV (0.18 -> 0.19) upgrade
here, but an update from 0.19-x to 0.19-y.

And even for a major upgrade, I always thought "apt-get install
mythtv-suite" is enough, and not "apt-get dist-upgrade". It's the first
time I heard, that one should use dist-upgrade to update ONE software on
the system.

Thomas