[mythtv-users] Using commflag list while it is still

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Thu Feb 23 06:01:28 UTC 2006

> > that you saw.  The flagger will try to catch up to within 2 minutes of realtime

> A suggestion about this: If this would be 1 minute instead of 2, it
> would be more likely, that the data is still in the filesystem cache, I
> suppose.

Edit mythtv/programs/mythcommflag/ClassicCommDetector.cpp and go to around line
490 and search for "alwaysStayNSecondsBehind = 120".  Change that 120 to 30 or so
if you want and report back on how well it works.  The 120 seconds was just
pulled out of the air, I don't have any compelling reasons not to lower it if it
works for people.

At 8Mbit/sec, that is 1 MByte/sec or 120 Megabytes, so it's possible the two
minutes would still be in cache at 8Mbit/sec.  For lower bitrates, it's even
more likely.  For HDTV, it's not so likely as it could take 288 MBytes to hold
2 minutes of data.

The flagger should work fine with alwaysStayNSecondsBehind set to 30 seconds
because the code checks how far it is behind every time it processes a frame.

Let me know how it works for you and I'll try it on my end and potentially change it.

--
Chris