[mythtv-users] This would make a cool Mythbox....

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 23:58:58 UTC 2006

On 2/22/06, Dawning Sky <the.dawning.sky at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/22/06, yan seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
> >
> http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=BLK-ZMAXDP&cat=BBK
> >
> http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=RED-ZMAXDP&cat=BBK
>

> One PCI slot?
>
> > A bit pricy after you add video, dual Opterons and a PVR card, but....

I just got one of these:
http://www.biostar.com.tw/products/barebone/ideq/210p/index.php3
It came with an AMD sempron 3100+ and was $250 total after rebate from
Fry's.  I am about to have it all up and running, but it installed FC4
flawlessly, plays back digital sound from the back and pretty much
does all that is advertised.  Plus it is fairly quiet.  It also only
has 1 PCI slot, but an AGP slot as well.  After I get my pvr-350 in
there, what other slots do I need?  It has everything else built in.

The built in card reader crashed FC4 install discs, so I took it out.
No big deal as I would not use that for the myth box anyways, and I
wanted a card reader for my windows box that would fit in the floppy
drive bay.