[mythtv-users] Button feedback in Myth UI

Raphael Pooser rpooser at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 21:05:53 UTC 2006

Steve Dorsey wrote:
> Hello
>
>    Is there a way to assign a beep sound to the button selections in
> the MythTV UI? So that when I  select items in a menu, I get a
> "click" or "beep"? I loved this feature in my Tivo because I got
> audible confirmation when I pressed a button (very handy when forward-
> searching using 3 speeds of search).

As far as I know there is no way to add these sounds to the GUI as it
is.  Maybe a plugin could do it or directly modifying the code to call a
player and play an assigned file each time.  But as it is right now as I
understand it that cannot be done just by editing some setting in the
mythtv settings menus anywhere.
Raphael