[mythtv-users] FC4: 0.18 ---> 0.19

Boleslaw Ciesielski bolek-mythtv at curl.com
Wed Feb 22 20:55:40 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm wrote:
> Having a partial repo config like the line above is not a supported
> configuration by neither a 3rd party repo, nor any vendor
> repos. Suggesting static dependencies as a workaround is an
> unmaintainable task, and every upgrade of libfoo would require bumping
> up the versioned dependency in all dependent packages and a forced
> mass rebuild.
 > [...]
 > And it also doesn't list glibc = 2.3.5-10.3, qt = 3.3.4-15.4,
 > libraw1394 = 1.2.0-1_6.rhfc4.at and so on.

I was not suggesting static version dependencies for all library
dependencies, only for those that actually exist. For example
mythtv-backend and libmyth built from the same svn version (which have
to be rebuilt together anyway). Obviously mythtv-backend does not depend
on any particular build of glibc or qt.

But I see your point about maintenance.

Bolek