[mythtv-users] PSX Emulator in Myth...

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 17:33:09 UTC 2006

On 2/21/06, Jochen Kühner <jochen.kuehner at gmx.de> wrote:
> Has anyone used this???

Yes - works just like the Windows one - it's a binary only release for
x86 Linux, though. On pretty much any mythtv frontend hardware, it can
easily run PSX games full speed.

The only downside I've experienced is that you can't use any of the
Windows-specific plugins -- like ones that let you run a compressed
ISO image.

I've read that epsxe.exe for Windows runs about as well under Wine as
the native Linux version if you want to take advantage of specific
Windows plugsins.

I would love to see mtd be able to detect psx cds and run epsxe.

With the new mythgame in 0.19, it should be simple to add any emulator
(haven't upgraded yet, sorry...). In 0.18, I added it to the "PC
games" and gamelist.xml

-Ross