[mythtv-users] 0.19, XvMC, and Prebuffer pause

Dawning Sky the.dawning.sky at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 17:24:55 UTC 2006

Hi,

I just upgraded to 0.19 through ATrpms and so far it's been running great.
XvMC is much more stable.  I can now watch Live TV or recordings for hours
without freezing.  But I still get a lot of "prebuffer pause" and either
"video xxx frames ahead of audio" or "audio xxx frames ahead of video" in
the frontend log.  Sometimes I don't even notice any problem by simply
watching the playback, but sometimes the problem can be very noticable.  I'm
wondering whether anyone else is having or had the similar problem and how
to solve it.

My machine is a P4 2.4GHz, 768MB RAM, FX5200 on AGP, running nVidia driver
7174 on FC3 2.6.12 kernel.  When watching HD contents, the frontend is using
about 50% CPU and X using about 3%.

Thanks,

DS