[mythtv-users] Nova-T USB2 or equivilant

Matt Collins matt at clues.com
Wed Feb 22 11:26:44 UTC 2006

On Mon, Feb 20, 2006 at 05:59:12PM -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Via make a 2 slot PCI riser/extender card (intended for small desktop
> cases). This PCI extender is made to handle 2 PCI cards both physically
> and electronically. Most PCI riser cards have a small daughter card
> which fits into a second PCI slot and a cable to transfer that slot's
> IRQ etc. to the riser card. The VIA card gets around that, internally.

Sadly I'm using a (very nice) hoojum cubit mini-atx case - theres no room
for anything else in there. I'm considering one of the dual decoder DVB
cards around there and dumping the PVR-350 but I hear so much about the
onboard EPIA display being inferior to the PVR350's I'm somewhat reluctant
to lose it; hence the USB device.

Of course, the USB device is only a single decoder, so no PiP... bleurgh!

Life should be simpler ;)

I want a PVR350 decoder on a board with 2 DVB tuners. Any suggestions? :) ;)

> So give some consideration to going that route. It is much easier to
> have the 2 cards installed internally. My total cost was about $50.00 US
> including 2 UPS shipments.

I'd love to. But I like my current case too much, I think. Its pretty much
a solid aliminium heatsink with a slow big fan at the back, and it works
well enough I've replaced my M10k's CPU fan with a Zalman northbridge
heatsink... alls well. So far. ;)

Matt