[mythtv-users] Will autoexpire auto-re-record?

Mike Grusin mgrusin at comcast.net
Wed Feb 22 06:56:32 UTC 2006

Thanks everyone for the replies!

After looking at Mike's suggestion and poking around in the UI a bit, I
realize that what I should have asked was specifically regarding movies and
one-off shows (which is what I now realize I've been losing lately).  Series
shows which autoexpire are definitely re-recorded (which is what made me
think that MythTV automagically did this for everything).

My very limited understanding of the problem is that while autoexpired
series episodes have a query hanging around to re-record them, autoexpired
movies end up in a bit of a black hole (from the UI at least, it looks like
they never existed).  BUT, if autoexpired movies can re-record themselves in
0.19, then all is quite well with the world. =)

Thanks everyone! (Especially MythTV developers!) -Mike G.