[mythtv-users] volume control problem with 0.19

Kelly Couch couchk_bulk at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 22 06:06:47 UTC 2006

Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:55:00 -0500 (EST)
From: Michael Papazoglou <mpapazoglou at verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] volume control problem with 0.19
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Michael Papazoglou wrote:

>I just noticed that if I tell MythTV to not use the decoder of the
>PVR-350 for tv-out, the volume change functionality works again.
>
>Mike
>
>On Wed, 15 Feb 2006, Michael Papazoglou wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I just upgraded to 0.19 with a pvr350, kernel 2.6.8, and now I can't
> > change volume while watching live tv or recordings.  Hitting [ ] or F10
> > F11 on the keyboard does nothing.  Volume control works in mythmusic.
> > Anyone else seeing this?
> >
> > Mike
> >

>Ok, thanks to Nick French for finding a seemingly better solution to this
>problem:

>So you can also fix this problem by adding it:
>insert into settings (value,data,hostname) VALUES
>('AudioSampleRate','48000','hostname');

>My question is, did AudioSampleRate get removed from
>my table, or was it not in there for 0.18?

>Anyway, thanks to Nick for figuring this one out.

>Mike

I am also experiencing this exact same problem.  However, the above 'fix'
did not solve the problem for me.  Is anyone familiar with where the NSP
(16,2,0) line is getting these values?  It is alleged above that it comes
from the database - but this doesn't seem to hold true for me.  More
importantly, does anyone know how to recover the volume control in 0.19?
Thanks.

-Kelly