[mythtv-users] Jarod's guide and FC5

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Feb 22 05:20:16 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 21 February 2006 20:57, Michael Haan wrote:
> On 2/21/06, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> > I can't comment on running my own 64-bit box in 32-bit mode, since I've
> > never
> > done it, but in 64-bit mode, my 3500 (2.2GHz) appears to be yawning
> > during HDTV playback much of the time, actually throttling back to 1GHz
> > fairly regularly (though there's often a hiccup when it has to throttle
> > back up, so
> > if I were using it as an actual frontend, I think I'd want to disable
> > throttling, or at least tweak it somehow).
>
> Yawning?  My 3800 seems to now be throttled (but surviving) even running
> XvMC

Huh, it definitely shouldn't be. What video card? (GeForce 6600GT in my A64).
Could be some tweaking of the video drivers needed to get things like OpenGL
vsync behaving, could be some myth settings to tweak. Compare this:

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/hdfe-settings.txt

with the output of this on your box:

# mysql -u root -p mythconverg
mysql> select value,data from settings where hostname like
'%frontendhostname%';

> of course I don't have the option of  telling myself how to make it
> better, like you do....

Heh. :)

--
Jarod Wilson