[mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV out will not work with X

John Harvey john.p.harvey at btinternet.com
Tue Feb 21 19:58:06 UTC 2006

	From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Kurt Adair
	Sent: 20 February 2006 16:40
	To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
	Subject: [mythtv-users] PVR-350 TV out will not work with X

	Hey,

	I can play a file using dd to /dev/video16 and it shows up on the tv
but when I tried to changing xorg.conf via the mythtv howto at wilsonet.com
nothing displays on the tv.  I get the following errors starting x:

	 (EE) IVTVDEV_TST(0)Framebuffer id from dev /dev/fb1is 1
	 (EE) IVTVDEV_TST(0)open /dev/video48 returned  8

	 (EE) IVTVDEV_TST(0)get_fb returned  0 fbid 1
	I looked at a bug report with this error in it and it said something
about a bug with SMP support.  I am using SMP on a quad proc (4 x 500) box
so I can not disable hyperthreading as the bug report suggested.  Is there a
better xorg.conf configuration that will work with SMP?

	Thanks,
	Kurt

Those aren't errors they are just debugging information I put in the driver
related to the Xv code.
Send the complete X log file and I'll see if I can spot anything else.

John