[mythtv-users] How to scan for channels

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.net
Tue Feb 21 19:36:03 UTC 2006

> My mythtv 0.19 does not find any channels.
>
> I tried to report it as a bug, but danielk insists to close it as
> invalid, so perhaps it's a feature. I was referred to ask for help
> from here.
>
> The problem is explained here:
> http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/1339
>
> Am I alone with this problem?

No, you're not alone. I have exactly the same issue (DVB-T, also in
Finland). Myth cannot find any channels, what ever you do. But if you
import working channel.conf everything is okay. So there are some
problems in tuning.

Before 0.19 there were discussions about rewriting SIParser or some
other parts.. so I waited before posting any bug reports. And now I
managed to mess my installation with kernel update and nothing is working :)
--
   Otto