[mythtv-users] Who wants to set up my Myth box?

Kichigai Mentat kichigai at comcast.net
Tue Feb 21 04:30:14 UTC 2006

Are you familiar with KnoppMyth? Seriously, it's like idiot easy.
Download, burn, install. It'll wipe out the existing OS and all
included software, and it installs to only one hard disk (HDA, but
you can modify it after installation). It took me twelve tries to get
it right (but that's just because I had an awful run of luck with my
hardware... bad Mobo, bad RAM, bad HDD, bad video card, bad PSU,
never knowing which was the problem). Once I replaced my entire
machine, it took one install. I've had no problem with it since I
installed the system.

KnoppMyth is designed to be really easy to install. Once you have a
running back-end, you can use the CD to run a diskless front-end,
right off the disc! KnoppMyth R5A30.1 (latest release) is running
MythTV 0.18, so it's not the latest, but it is very stable, and has
tons of support from the community. I highly recommend it.