[mythtv-users] add a job to the jobqueue?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Feb 21 03:47:59 UTC 2006

> How do I add a transcode job to the command queue via command-line?
> I've noticed the new network socket code doesn't look like it can
> currently handle it...

Make up the proper SQL statement based on the format in jobqueue.cpp
in the JobQueue::QueueJob() method and pipe that SQL command into
mysql:

	echo "select * from recorded;" | mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv mythconverg

If you're using the default login & password and replacing the
"select * from recorded;" with your new "INSERT INTO jobqueue blah"
SQL.  You can get the jobtype from looking at jobqueue.h.  Look at
jobqueue.h where the QueueJob() method is defined to see the defaults
for some of the columns.

--
Chris